“We come in peace…”
Press Y to toggle inverted Y-axis, X for x-axis (should remove that). Clicking in the window should lock the mouse cursor, and Escape would release it.
- UFOs contained within the playing area, staying within a 150x150x50 area around the player.
- UFOs adjust their movement in relation to their current heading, so they don’t do crazy 180 degree back flips like before where they would pick a random location in the playable area. It still happens if they reach the edge of the playing area, but it’s less often. Will add better container code for this later.
- UFOs will avoid crashing into each other.
- Weaken a UFO enough and it will flee the area, giving off some visuals to show the damage. The intent being if they escape, the player won’t get a kill bonus for their score, which can be used for later upgrades.
- Too much damage at once will have the UFO explode in mid-air, instead of merely crashing into the ground.
- (Temporary) Emotes to give some clue as to what the UFO is doing. Will eventually make it into a word balloon instead of floaty text. And some animations to draw attention to them. The “?” when they’re deciding to do something new will get removed, it’s just there for the moment so I know when they do.
To consider for later:
- Should have dead UFOs crashing into others for bonus points.
- Should make eventual missile dodges on the higher levels could have them override the UFO anti-collision code, so you could have them collide and get bonus points. Should at least add in support for UFO to UFO collision, right now they ignore each other. Will have to port this to the missile code to avoid fratricide.
Next up, some cow abductions and mutilations!
And maybe make an icon to link to the Unity builds I put up for these blog posts.
And still trying to resist the urge to start on the modeling and replace all these lovely placeholder art before I lock down the gameplay.